Movember (a portmanteau of the Australian-English diminutive word for moustache, "mo", and "November") is an annual event involving the growing of moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of men's health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and men's suicide.
As a prostate cancer survivor I'm happy to say that my family and I no longer need to worry that my "condition" is a threat. With my family history, on both sides, heavy with heart and cancer it's important for me to keep ahead of my body.
How are you doing when it comes to caring for your health?
1. Know your body. If it feels different, jump on it and see your doctor.
2. Don't eat junk. Garbage in=Garbage on. Remember, what you swallow ends up in your blood stream. Think cholesterol and blood pressure.
3. Exercise. Read up on it, see your doctor, pick the best for you and get on it.
4. See your doctor regularly.
5. Find a good friend to confide in. Talk through the things that bother you.
Movember is a movement to remind us men to take care of ourselves. So even if you haven't grown a moustache, load the link listed below into your browser and check it out.